Share Day is 3~5 3.31.2012
Campaign 99: Ali Abdi http://www.99campaign.com
Occupy with Data: Nitin Sawhney and Christo De Klerk http://
#searchunderoccupy: Laura Trager and Piril Gunduz http://searchunderoccupy.org
Signal Strength: Amelia Marzec http://www.
The Dance: Jessie Brugger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxTQZ2m6IkI
Occupy.Here: Dan Phiffer http://occupyhere.org/
arOccupy: Mark Swarek http://aroccupywallstreet.wordpress.com/
Jackqueline Frost, in conversation over skype.
Listed but did not present:
Occupy Cinema: Pam Tietze http://vimeo.com/33628746
OWS Video Portrait: Joan Logue http://videoportrait.net/
Demo Day is 3~6pm on 1.28.2012 at Eyebeam Art and Technology Center, NYC
Eyebeam’s e-blast indicates 5~8pm by mistake!
The selected projects from Open Call will be presented at Demo Day. The list will be updated throughout the week.
- OWS Tech Ops: Supports the online communication and organization needs of OWS and the New York City General Assembly. http://www.nycga.net/groups/tech/
- Digital Democracy: Empowering marginalized communities to use technology to build their futures. http://digital-
- Newsmotion: an innovative platform for civic media, public art, and original documentary reportage. http://newsmotion.
- I’m Getting Arrested: an Android app that enables anyone, with one click, to broadcast a custom message to anyone they wish (loved ones, lawyer, etc … ) in the event they are arrested. https://market.android.com/details?id=us.quadrant2.arrested
- MyI: An app that allows users to instantaneously upload media from handheld devices to the Internet http://my-i.me/
- Peoples Skype: The People’s Skype is a phone powered platform that lets anyone with old or new phones magnify the range of the People’s Mic http://www.
- Guardian Project: Open-source mobile tools for activists: https://guardianproject.info/
- Vibe app: a new GeoSocial App with which users send Mini-Blogs with Anonymous and Self-Destruct options. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vibe/id433067417?mt=8
- OurGoods.org: an online barter network for creative people. http://ourgoods.org
- Spacebank: To offer our virtual community a set of innovative and revolutionary ideas related to banking, speculation and investment. http://spacebank.org/
- Greenmap: Interact with thousands of great places charged by local Green Mapmakers around the world. http://www.opengreenmap.org/
Subway: An App that enables anyone to dance, regardless to the rigid laws about dance in their communities.
- Augmented Reality Activists: an archive, a meeting place, and a knowledge center for activists working with augmented reality http://augmentedrealityactivists.blogspot.com/
- Newsmotion Bike Messenger: It’s an alpha prototype kit for LED wheel displays that will visually broadcast geolocative data – such as traffic fatalities at each intersection and block, updating as you ride. http://newsmotion.org/blogs/newsmotion/natalie-jeremijenkos-newsmotion-nm-bike-messengers
- Occupy with Art: (formerly Occupennial) artists, writers, curators, and art professionals lending our skills to produce art, cultural events and projects, with a particular focus on OWS itself as a social art process. http://www.occupywithart.com/
- Signal Strength: It consists of modules for ad-hoc social networking that let people in an urban area interact offline, leveraging their mobile phones for untraceable communications. http://www.ameliamarzec.com/signalstrength.html
- Occupy Here: offer a new kind of venue where both committed activists and casual supporters can engage with each other. http://occupyhere.org/
- Occu-bot: a D.I.Y robot for occupation and picket holding.http://taeyoonchoi.com/2011/12/occu-bot-and-financier-bot/
- Energy Bike: Human powered generator. http://times-up.org/index.php?page=energy-bikes-the-story http://times-up.org/index.php?page=energy-bikes